Advantages are special attributes which refine or enhance a pre-existing character capacity or unlock new uses for abilities. All characters begin play with 1 Advantage (baseline Human characters begin play with 2).
What follows are a general set of guidelines for creating character Advantages.
- Gain a +1 bonus to a single skill under broad circumstances
- Gain a +1 bonus to two skills under narrow circumstances
- Gain a +2 bonus to a single skill under narrow circumstances
- Gain access to a single new broad trapping which is thematically associated with a pre-existing skill.
- Gain access to two new narrow trappings which are thematically associated with a pre-existing skill.
- Gain a +3 bonus (rather than +2) when invoking an aspect to enhance a single specified skill.
- Pay 1 Fate point to create a specific temporary aspect under certain conditions.
- Gain access to a significant item or material resource which adds a permanent Aspect to your character and benefits from plot protection.
- Gain +1 Physical, Mental, or Essence Stress per Consequence Track
- Gain an additional Consequence Track
- Pay 1 Fate point once per scene to block or negate one action of a specific type
- Gain access to a single magick skill and its base trappings
Specific advantage examples to follow.